Conveniently located to serve Providence, RI
At Enzer & Associates in Providence, Rhode Island, facial fillers are a non-invasive treatment commonly done by Dr. Enzer. We all strive for the full, youthful face we once had, void of life’s stresses, years of fun-in-the-sun, and normal aging processes. Cosmetic surgeon Dr. Yoash Enzer offers a number of ways to give your face a more youthful, natural look, from surgical procedures to less invasive treatments, such as facial fillers. Fillers are an affordable alternative to surgery, and a “liquid facelift” can give you the look you desire without the cost, risks, or downtime of surgery.
Facial Filler Treatment Areas
Fillers can soften facial creases and wrinkles, and restore youthful fullness to features that have lost volume over time, such as hollow cheeks or thin lips. The image below illustrates common treatment areas that may benefit from fillers. Talk with Dr. Enzer if there is an area not shown that you would like treated.
Types of Facial Fillers
There are many different types of fillers available, each with its own benefits. Some facial fillers are for specific concerns, such as fine lines versus deep wrinkles. Dr. Enzer chooses to use fillers that are FDA-approved and scientifically proven to have a benefit to the patient. Dr. Enzer also researches each product extensively before introducing it to his patients.
Hyaluronic acid fillers
The most popular filler products are hyaluronic acid fillers. These synthetic fillers give results that you’ll see immediately. They can be used for smoothing out fine lines and wrinkles and restoring youthful fullness to the face. Many of these products contain a numbing agent which makes the procedure more comfortable and pain-free afterward.
Hyaluronic acid fillers are considered the safest type of filler because they can be easily dissolved should there be a problem. Fortunately, this is rarely needed, as most patients are very pleased with their results. Dr. Enzer has found that the results from most hyaluronic acid fillers typically last at least 7 to 12 months, and some products or treatment areas can last for many years.
Poly-L-lactic acid fillers
Sculptra® is a synthetic filler that helps stimulate collagen production and restore youthful facial volume to sunken areas, such as the cheeks or temple hollows. It is made with poly-L-lactic acid, the same biocompatible and biodegradable ingredient found in resorbable stitches. This filler is unique because it gradually volumizes your features over several months.
For most people, Dr. Enzer recommends three sessions of Sculptra® over six months. The average person can expect the volume effect to last about two years before touch-ups are needed. Sculptra® is best suited for full facial volumization, not for individual wrinkles or scars. To learn more, visit their website at www.sculptra.com.
Dr. Enzer also offers Radiesse®, a collagen-stimulating filler that works well for deep lines and folds as well as facial volumization. Radiesse® is made up of calcium hydroxylapatite microspheres which add immediate volume and fullness to the area where it is placed. Dr. Enzer has found that Radiesse® works very well even in areas of high movements, such as the deep folds around the mouth (nasolabial folds). Radiesse® typically lasts about 12 to 18 months. For more information, visit www.radiesse.com.
What to Expect During Your filler Treatment
The injection process is not painful, but some patients may choose to have a topical anesthetic applied to help make the process more comfortable. The areas of the face where the injections will be made will be marked and then the injections will be carefully made. the area may be massaged lightly to help evenly spread the product.
Recovering from Filler Injections
The non-surgical treatment does not require a lengthy recovery period. There may be some swelling and redness around the injection sites. You will need to avoid strenuous activity for around 24 hours following your filler treatment.
How Much Do Facial Fillers Cost in Rhode Island?
The cost of your facial fillers in Rhode Island will vary based on the type of filler used, the number of areas treated, and the amount of product needed. Dr. Enzer can go over the cost of your filler treatment during your consultation.
Schedule Your Consultation
If you have wrinkles, lines, and folds due to a loss of volume and are looking for a non-surgical way to rejuvenate the natural beauty of your face, contact Enzer & Associates, PC in Providence today to schedule a consultation. We can help you find the dermal filler that will provide you with your ideal results. Our team is dedicated to providing our patients with the best dermal filler results Rhode Island has to offer.
Pre-Instructions for Fillers
1.To reduce the chance of bruising, please avoid the following for two weeks prior to your treatment (unless prescribed by a doctor):
- NSAID pain relievers – ibuprofen/Naproxen (i.e. Advil, Mortin, Aleve, etc). In the event you require a pain reliever, Tylenol is OK.
- Blood Thinners such as, Coumadin, Warfarin, Pramada, Eloquis, etc. (Variable stop time requires physician’s approval.)
- Fish oil.
- Ginkgo Biloba / Ginseng / St. John’s Wort/ Glucosamine/ garlic capsules.
2. IMPORTANT: Please remove your make-up prior to your appointment, arrive with a clean face, NO MAKE-UP! (If you cannot remove it before your arrival, please come in 15 minutes early, and ask the receptionist for a facial cleanser.)
If you have a history of cold sores, please let your provider know, they may have you start on an anti-viral medication prior to treatment.
3. Schedule your filler appointment at least two weeks prior to any special events, such as a wedding or a vacation, as you may experience bruising and swelling after your treatment.
Be sure to have a light meal before your treatment and stay hydrated.
- Stop any blood-thinning medications or supplements one week before your appointment. This includes Warfarin, Xarelto, Eliquis, Pradaxa, and also aspirin, ibuprofen products, and arthritis medications (NSAIDS). It also includes many herbal supplements such as glucosamine, garlic, ginseng, and others.
- Eat a fresh pineapple before your appointment. It must be fresh—not frozen or canned. Fresh pineapple contains bromelain, a natural anti-inflammatory. Discontinue eating the pineapple if you experience mouth irritation!
- If you don't like pineapple, take Arnica Montana and/or bromelain supplements the day of your appointment and for 2 to 3 days afterward. These supplements have natural anti-inflammatory properties that help minimize bruising and swelling. We sell these supplements in our office, but you may also purchase them from a natural foods store.
- Apply cold applications to the treatment area every hour for 10 minutes for the first 8 hours after your procedure.
- Avoid vigorous exercise for 24 hours after your procedure.
- Do not massage or apply pressure to the area for 3 weeks after your procedure, unless instructed to do so by Dr. Enzer. This includes spa facials and wearing swim goggles.