Cosmetic, Laser & Oculoplastic Surgeon Providence
Conveniently located to serve Providence, RI
Dr. Yoash Enzer was born in New York City and grew up in Cincinnati, Ohio. He received his undergraduate degree from Brandeis University and received his medical degree with honors in 1986 from the University of Cincinnati School of Medicine. Dr. Enzer then trained in Internal Medicine and Ophthalmology at Brown University/Rhode Island Hospital. From 1991 to 1992 he received fellowship training in Oculofacial Plastic and Reconstructive Surgery at UCLA’s prestigious Jules Stein Eye Institute. Dr. Enzer then spent an additional six months studying with leading oculoplastic plastic surgeons in Beverly Hills, Los Angeles, and pursuing his research interests.
In 1993, Dr. Enzer returned to Rhode Island to practice and teach cosmetic and oculoplastic surgery. In recognition of his work with medical students and residents, Dr. Enzer was honored with the “Excellence in Teaching” award in 2011 (Department of Dermatology) and “Teacher of the Year” awards in 1996, 1997, 2008, and 2011 (Department of Ophthalmology). He is a Clinical Associate Professor of Surgery and Dermatology at the Warren Alpert School of Medicine at Brown University. In 2003 he received the “Teaching Recognition Award” from Brown University. He lectures locally and nationally and has published a wide variety of papers in his field.
Dr. Enzer is board certified and is an invited member of the American Society of Ophthalmic Plastic and Reconstructive Surgery, the American College of Surgeons, and the American Academy of Cosmetic Surgery, as well as many other professional organizations. For Dr. Enzer’s complete curriculum vitae, including education history, professional certifications, and publications, please click the link below to download the document.
- Undergraduate: Brandeis University Waltham, Massachusetts Degree: B.A. in Biology, Cum Laude August 1978 – June 1982
- Medical School: University of Cincinnati College of Medicine Cincinnati, Ohio Degree: M.D., 1986 Alpha Omega Alpha August 1982 – June 1986
- Postgraduate Training Internship: Rhode Island Hospital-Brown University Providence, RI Internal Medicine, July 1986 – June 1987
- Internal Medicine Residency: Rhode Island Hospital-Brown University Providence, RI July 1987 – June 1988
- Ophthalmology Residency: Rhode Island Hospital-Brown University Providence, RI July 1988 – June 1991
- Fellowship: UCLA-Jules Stein Eye Institute Oculoplastic, Orbital, and Lacrimal Surgery Los Angeles, CA. Preceptor: Norman Shorr, M.D. July 1991 – December 1992
- Teacher of the Year Award Brown University-Rhode Island Hospital, July 1, 1996
- H. Fredrick Stephens, MD Award for Outstanding Teaching Brown University-Rhode Island Hospital, June 30, 1997
- Teaching Excellence Award Brown University Medical School, 2003
- Achievement Award American Academy of Ophthalmology, May 2008
- H. Fredrick Stephens, MD Award for Outstanding Teaching Brown University-Rhode Island Hospital, June 13, 2008
- Teaching Excellence Award The Warren Alpert Medical School of Brown University/Rhode Island Hospital, Department of Ophthalmology, June 2011
- Excellence in Teaching Award The Warren Alpert Medical School of Brown University/Rhode Island Hospital, Department of Dermatology, June 2011
- Teaching Excellence Award The Warren Alpert Medical School of Brown University/Rhode Island Hospital, Department of Dermatology, June 2015
- State Medical Licensure: Rhode Island #7280 (May 1988) California #G071377 (May 1991) Massachusetts #78283 (October 1993)
- Ophthalmology: American Board of Ophthalmology Board Certified, October 1992 Recertified, January 1, 2003 (ten years) Recertified, effective January 1, 2013 (expires 12/31/2022) National Board of Medical Examiners Pass, March 1987 (#325230)